Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fiction Friday: A Thursday Introduction

Well, we’ve learned a few things in these last couple of years of mostly-not blogging. The most obvious one is that I don’t have a lot to say. Not a lot that I consider worth the trouble of saying, that is.
 
Except that’s not entirely true. I do have things to say, but I have trouble translating them into “blog”. I think in story.

So I’m going to try an experiment. Over the next few Fridays, I’m going to serialize a story I wrote awhile back. (Yes, the scheduling is totally based on alliteration.)

This is, honestly, something that I never expected anyone to read. The brief introductory section, and the central moment of inaction, popped into my head one day, and I fashioned the story around them so that they would leave me alone. But I’ve had no idea what to do with it: it just clearly wanted to exist. I’m not in the least sure it’s any good, but it says some things I wanted to say.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment